You'll need two ziplock bags, a a pair of gloves and a pen. If you collect the sample on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, it's best to put it in the fridge until you can post on a Monday. To see exactly how to do it watch my one minute YouTube instuctions clip.
1. Get the freshest sample of faeces you can. You need to collect about one 'ball' worth. It should be bigger than a golf ball, but smaller than a tennis ball. Do not take any from where it is touching the ground, this can contaminate it. The bit on top or in the middle of the pile is ideal.
2. Using your glove put the sample in the first bag and then squeeze out as much air as possible from the bag. Put this bag inside the second bag.
3. Write yours and your horse's name, your contact details and the date you collected the sample on the second bag.
4. Fill out the online FEC form. This is important because it helps me to give you better recommendations.
5. Zip it up and post it to P.O. Box 5, Moonee Vale. 3055. Express Post will ensure it arrives more quickly, but if it's winter or we're having a cold snap, don't worry too much about it.
6. Email, phone or message me to let me know when it's going to arrive.